Albany Fuel Filtration
Albany Pump AF Series Fuel Oil Filtration and Polishing Systems are self-contained, pre-packaged and pre-wired units specifically designed to purify and filter stored diesel fuel. Preserving the integrity of the diesel fuel helps ensure trouble-free generator starts and reduces annual maintenance, contaminated fuel disposal and annual reservoir cleaning costs.
Maintaining clean and dry diesel fuel also discourages the growth of algae and bacteria while helping to reduce the need for expensive chemicals and biocide additives. Albany Pump AF Series Fuel Oil Filtration and Polishing Systems are fully automated with tank monitoring capabilities and are capable of servicing multiple tanks.
At the heart of each system is a diesel fuel purifier that is a simple one step unit. It removes nearly 100% of the free water and up to 98% of Particulate (to 2 microns). Even today's "clean" diesel fuel becomes contaminated all too easily. Water enters fuels systems through vents, leaks, and sometimes with the delivered fuel. Micro organisms can grow in fuel, especially in the presence of moisture.
EACH SYSTEM INCLUDES:
- Albany ‘L’ or ‘G’ Series Positive Displacement Gear Pump with adjustable internal relief valve and totally enclosed fan cooled industrial motor. Shut-off valves and flanges are positioned so the pump may be removed for servicing without disturbing piping.
- Weather proof NEMA 4X rated enclosure, with lockable door, rupture containment basin with leak detection sensor and 1/2" NPT plug drain port. Enclosure can be ordered for either wall mounting or with optional base for pad or tank top mounting.
- Common system suction port and common system discharge port with "lost" flow detection sensor.
- System inlet strainer with liquid filled compound vacuum pressure gauge and differential pressure gauge for "clean" strainer alarm indication.
- Check valve and liquid filled pressure gauges on each pump discharge.
- UL/ULC listed control panel, containing programmable logic controller, adjustable system timer, manual-off-auto illuminated pump mode selector switch, indicating lights, alarms and motor starter with overload protection.
FILTRATION UNIT OVERVIEW:
The Albany Fuel Oil Filtration Assembly is designed to circulate and clean fuel stored diesel fuel at critical facilities. Fuel Oil Filtration and Polishing has become an important aspect of emergency power reliability: Many critical facilities store increasing amounts of fuel onsite to assure continuity of operation and this fuel has low turnover in operation.
- as diesel fuel ages, particulates form which can increase the wear on generator engine parts
- fuel storage tanks accumulate water through vapor condensation and this water can encourage bacterial growth
- newer diesel engines with improved emissions technology require higher purity fuel to prolong engine life.
The Albany Fuel Oil Filtration Assembly has an innovative compact design has a minimal footprint for Filtration / Polishing of tanks from 500 to 50,000 gallon capacity.
The mechanical design is based on our own Albany Pumps and Racor filters and is complete with strainers, check valves, ball, valves, pressure / vacuum gauges, relief valves. The unit is mounted on an integral containment with leak detection monitoring.
The Filtration Assembly includes a motor starter panel, with disconnect switch, Automatic operation and monitoring with HOA switches and an emergency stop.
We Also Recommend